1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
Co-edit documents. Google Drive (New>Google Docs)
Quick Tutorial For New Google Slides Presentation 2018 Google Drive (New>Google Slides)
Add-ons run inside Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms, and Gmail.
What is available?
A LOT! Open a Google Doc and click on the Add-ons button and search for all the available Add-ons Here are some that I use:
Extensions are small software programs that customize the browsing experience. They enable users to tailor Chrome functionality and behavior to individual needs or preferences.
What is available?
Again there are many available. Here are some I use:
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Seesaw is an amazing digital portfolio that allows students on all devices demonstrate their learning through pictures, videos and drawings. Seesaw works on all devices and even connects with Google Drive. For grades K-12
Glide is the fastest live video messenger app on the planet. It combines the convenience of texting with the expressiveness of video chat. Now you and your friends/family can share real moments as they happen, and enjoy quality facetime.
Provides educators and students access to the highest quality practices and resources in reading and language arts instruction. Topics include venn diagrams, timelines, poetry, etc.
|Timers, charts, name generators, etc…|
A digital library with thousands of FREE children’s books when you register as a teacher. Epic! makes it easy to search book types: picture, chapter, fact, comic, early, and read to me. (PreK – 6th)
All of the best K-5 online, interactive, educational games and simulations in one place!
An online resource hub that has free project ideas, tutorials and how-to’s, as well as downloadable templates for Google apps. This is an amazing resource for any teacher, but especially for Google teachers!
Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what’s being worked on, who’s working on what, and where something is in a process. Use it for note taking and organizing paper and essay writing as well. use on Web, Android, or IOS.
Want to send a text blast to students and parents about your upcoming classroom event? Parents/students sign up for alerts or can communicate with you without giving out your personal number.
TeachersConnect is a free online community for teachers. Share ideas, ask questions, and collaborate with teachers like you.
A thoughtful, ready-to-go platform that builds global awareness and collaboration skills by facilitating authentic, cross-cultural PBL experiences.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.