Green Bay, Wisconsin
How often in our jobs and lives, is it all about what we do when, in fact, it needs to be about who we are in Christ. The world tells us the lies of needing to be more, achieve more, and wear more hats, where God tells us the truth that we are His child, wise, and restored (1 Corinthians 1:30 and 2 Corinthians 5:17)
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Chrome apps are enhanced shortcuts that optimize the website or app within the browser. Some require additional installation and set-up. These only work with the Chrome browser and the Chrome operating system.
Chrome extensions are small “software programs” that customize the browsing experience (within the Chrome browser). They give added features and abilities to customize your browser. These can be installed on Chrome in any operating system. Running too many extensions will slow things down so install them sparingly.
Both Chrome Apps and Chrome Extensions are found at the Chrome Web Store.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
LIST OF “TECHNOLOGY PARENTING” CONCEPTS
Google Docs is a free Web-based application in which documents can be created, edited and stored online. Files can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection and a full-featured Web browser. … Google Docs is compatible with most presentation software and word processor applications.
Google Sheets is a Web-based application that allows users to create, update and modify spreadsheets and share the data live online. The Ajax-based program is compatible with Microsoft Excel and CSV (comma-separated values) files. Sheets can also be saved as HTML.
Google Slides lets you collaborate with others creating slides in real time. You can insert text boxes, images, videos, shapes, arrows, equations, and callouts. … You can rearrange slides, change presentation styles, and add speaker notes.
Tab Scissors is a Google Chrome extension that splits a window into two at the selected tab. If you have at least two tabs in the selected Chrome window, it will split that window into two smaller side-by-side windows. All the tabs on the left side of the selected tab will stay in the left window, and the rest will move to the window on the right. Great for those of you who have multiple tabs open at once. Works great with Tab Glue
Tab Glue is a Google Chrome extension that glues windows together. This simple organizer tool puts all of your Chrome tabs together into one window with a single click. The new window has your tabs arranged in the same order your windows were, and makes the selected tab in your current window be the new selected tab, so you won’t lose track of where your tabs were or what you were doing. Works great with Tab Scissors!
Glide is the fastest live video messenger app on the planet. It combines the convenience of texting with the expressiveness of video chat. Now you and your friends/family can share real moments as they happen, and enjoy quality facetime.
Flipgrid allows teachers to set up a site (“grid”) and pose a question via video for students or others to answer, also via video. Users respond to the initial question, with their responses becoming part of a threaded video conversation. You can create one free, then need to delete it before creating a new one. Try this sample Flipgrid out!
Google Photos is a photo sharing and storage service developed by Google. It was announced in May 2015 and spun out from Google+, the company’s social network. Google Photos gives users free, unlimited storage for photos up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution.
Google Duo is a video chat mobile app developed by Google, available on the Android and iOS operating systems. … The app automatically switches between Wi-Fi and cellular networks. A “Knock Knock” feature lets users see a live preview of the caller before answering.
Google Keep is a note-taking service developed by Google. Launched on March 20, 2013, Google Keepis available on the web, and has mobile apps for the Android and iOS mobile operating systems. Keepoffers a variety of tools for taking notes, including text, lists, images, and audio.
Simply click Edit, type in your students’ names, save, then share using the URL created. To create another spinner for small groups simply click New, then follow the same steps.
A Kahoot is a collection of questions on specific topics. Created by teachers, students, business-people and social users, they are asked in real-time, to an unlimited number of “players”, creating a social, fun and game-like learning environment.
I am a text block. Use this text block to provide a description of a web- or a mobile-based application specific to the subject matter, interests, and needs of your respective group of teachers.
Safe share is a great resource to remove unwanted ads from YouTube videos. It also allows you to create a clip from a video.
Practice skills in Math, LA, Science and Social Studies here for grades Pre-K through 12. Option to have questions read to support learning. Try it out!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.