1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
An app that enhances the classroom setting by allowing teachers and students to create assignments, post questions and have discussions, as well as share announcements.
A graphic app that allows students and teachers to create fully editable projects using pictures, text boxes, and objects. Think Paint meets Publisher!
An app that allows you to create simple spreadsheet databases.
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Choice Eliminator & Google Forms – An add-on that allows teachers to assist in answer selection.
Flubaroo – A browser add-on that helps grade Google Forms and report results to students! Check out the tutorial for complete information.
Worried about what kind of ad might pop up before showing your class a video? Adblock for Youtube is an extension that runs in the background of your computer to eliminate the ads before the videos.
Tab Scissors will cut your tabs apart to split your screen.
Tab Glue will paste them back together.
Grammarly will check your grammar and spelling on any document, social media post, and messages so you can communicate clearly.
Automatically cite sources within Google Docs with EasyBib for Chrome.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Apps Gone Free (iOS and Android) is a free app which offers anywhere from 4 – 7 free apps each day. They range from the educational (usually lower grades or young children) to the personal (like organization), from games to picture editing. Normally costing $0.99 – $4.99, this is a great way to find apps that you and your students might use.
Rubistar is an easy to use website where you can either create your own rubrics using templates or select one of many pre-made rubrics to borrow. You can use rubistar without setting up an account to create a quick rubric and print. If you want to save the rubric, go ahead and create an account.
The Smithsonian Tween Tribune has a plethora of free K-12 news source for schools. Lexile leveled articles can be read at a variety of reading levels with the touch of a button so all students can read the same information at a level they can understand. Daily AP news articles, critical thinking questions, Spanish articles, Tech articles.
Seesaw Student Driven Digital Portfolios. Empowers students to independently document their work by taking a picture of their work, telling about it using the microphone, or linking to a multimedia project they made. Parents can view. Helps organize for teachers.
Students earn in-game cash by answering questions. The more questions they answer correctly, the more money they earn. A few “kits” are free. Yearly subscription is $56.00 Schools can get a discount for class.
Simply Edit the existing spinner by entering your student names. Then Save list. It will delete the name once it’s called so all students are called on. Save the link to Share or get a QR code. All names appear each time you begin new.
ILA and NCTE website of all things literacy for students in grades K-12. Lesson plans and student interactives excellent for all writing and reading topics. Many activities can be done online, others download an app. Spend some time here and be amazed!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.
.email@example.com or school 920-452-6882 or home 920-457-2947