1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
ClassDojo is an online classroom-management platform that helps teachers record and track their students’ behaviors in real time while also giving students instant feedback. Much of this happens publicly through the use of a visual tracker, often displayed to the class on a screen or interactive whiteboard. Teachers can keep some information private depending on how they choose to set things up. The platform is designed to help individual students, as well as entire classes, identify areas for improved behavior and set related goals. (Free, K – 6)
Glide. The fastest live video messenger app on the planet. It combines the convenience of texting with the expressiveness of video chat. Now you and your friends/family can share real moments as they happen, and enjoy quality facetime.
A curriculum or simply a resource for teachers to use with students to encourage proper and accurate technology use
Timers, charts, name generators, etc…
Assign practice problems, help with handwriting, watch your students work and help them individually.
Flipgrid allows teachers to set up a site (“grid”) and pose a question via video for students or others to answer, also via video. Users respond to the initial question, with their responses becoming part of a threaded video conversation. You can create one free, then need to delete it before creating a new one.
Tutorial videos about any subject you can imagine. You can also take quizzes and test your knowledge.
A fun website where you draw pictures that the computer has to guess. For all ages-just for fun! Practice using the mouse or drawing pad.
Kindersite offers early childhood teachers a resource directory for games, stories, poems, and songs that little ones can play, listen to, and with which to interact. The website looks a bit outdated, but the links are valuable and the games and books are good quality for the youngsters! (Preschool – Grade 2)
Online permission slips — send to principal for approval, parents can sign and pay online.
Geared toward early childhood learning, Reading Eggs offers several age-appropriate apps for enhancing early childhood instruction. Available on a number of different platforms, this app adds some fun and attention-getting activities to supplement your curriculum. Most have free versions. (Grades PK-1)
Rubistar is an easy to use website where you can either create your own rubrics using templates or select one of many pre-made rubrics to borrow. You can use rubistar without setting up an account to create a quick rubric and print. If you want to save the rubric, go ahead and create an account.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.