Old and New
Hebrews 13: 7,8
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
G Suite is a brand of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools (software and products developed by Google). Some of these tools include: GMail, Calendar, Hangouts, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawing and Sites.
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Chrome apps are enhanced shortcuts that optimize the website or app within the browser. Some require additional installation and set-up. These only work with the Chrome browser and the Chrome operating system.
Chrome extensions are small “software programs” that customize the browsing experience (within the Chrome browser). They give added features and abilities to customize your browser. These can be installed on Chrome in any operating system. Running too many extensions will slow things down so install them sparingly.
Both Chrome Apps and Chrome Extensions are found at the Chrome Web Store.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
zamzar.com (online conversion tool)
khanacademy.org (free online tutorials for multiple grades and subjects)
Artsedge (online lessons and resources in the arts for all levels)
Illuminations (online math lessons, interactives and mobile apps for all levels)
ReadWriteThink (online reading lessons, interactives and mobile apps for all levels)
Sciencenetlinks (online science lessons, tools and mobile apps for all grade levels)
National Geographic Education (map skills, activities and geography lessons for all grade levels)
History Explorer (history lessons, activities, artifacts and primary sources for all grade levels)
Goodreads (review and learn about books)
Kids Environment Kids Health (Fun and educational materials related to health, science and the environment and music)
IXL (lots of math games)
50States.com (Lots of information about each state)
Google Arts and Culture (Explore collections and stories from around the world)
Great Websites for Kids (A large collection of websites and digital media for kids from the American Library Association)
How Stuff Works (Answers to things that you and your students wonder about)
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.