Arlington Heights, Illinois
How often in our jobs and lives, is it all about what we do when, in fact, it needs to be about who we are in Christ. The world tells us the lies of needing to be more, achieve more, and wear more hats, where God tells us the truth that we are His child, wise, and restored (1 Corinthians 1:30 and 2 Corinthians 5:17)
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly WHY we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
G Suite is a brand of cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools (software and products developed by Google). Some of these tools include: GMail, Calendar, Hangouts, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites.
Extensions are small “software programs” that customize the browsing experience (i. e. within the Google Chrome browser). They enable users to tailor Chrome functionality and behavior to individual needs or preferences. Extensions can be found in the Chrome Web Store (by clicking on the “Apps” icon)
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Can a neural network learn to recognize doodling? Help teach it by adding your drawings to the world’s largest doodling data set, shared publicly to help with machine learning research. This is an A. I. experiment made by Google
We’ve all used Google Maps for getting around, but have you ever created one? Great back-to-school activity: pinning all of the places your students traveled!
Google is more than just a search engine. Yes, you already know Google owns Youtube, and all about Google Glass…but how many of Google’s interesting and underutilized features do you know about? Google has a bunch of extras ranging from useful learning tools to simple fun.
Anyone Google certified? Kasey Bell is one of THE best and most enthusiastic Google trainers out there! Subscribe to her emails to keep up-to-date on all things Google.
You all know that Google Docs is a great tool for collaboration, but have you ever seen a beautiful example?
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.
Denise Murphy 630-973-6784