I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:1-4
1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Intro to the basics:
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Google Chrome Web Store – (chrome.google.com/webstore) is a location to find extensions, themes, apps, games. Most are free and easy to use. Extensions are small programs that are attached to your Chrome browser and can customize how you use it.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Apps Gone Free (iOS and Android) is a free app which offers anywhere from 4 – 7 free apps each day. They range from the educational (usually lower grades or young children) to the personal (like organization), from games to picture editing. Normally costing $0.99 – $4.99, this is a great way to find apps that you and your students might use.
Rubistar is an easy to use website where you can either create your own rubrics using templates or select one of many pre-made rubrics to borrow. You can use rubistar without setting up an account to create a quick rubric and print. If you want to save the rubric, go ahead and create an account.
ClassDojo is an online classroom-management platform that helps teachers record and track their students’ behaviors in real time while also giving students instant feedback. Much of this happens publicly through the use of a visual tracker, often displayed to the class on a screen or interactive whiteboard. Teachers can keep some information private depending on how they choose to set things up. The platform is designed to help individual students, as well as entire classes, identify areas for improved behavior and set related goals. (Free, K – 6)
Newsela is a website dedicated to news and informational text for a wide range of grade levels. Teachers can select one of several reading levels for each article and can also use pre-made quizzes on the material. Articles are continually updated to reflect current news.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time during the year with questions, problems, or suggestions.
Phone: 989-790-1676 ext. 12 (school)