1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Intro to the basics:
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Safe share is a great resource to remove unwanted ads from YouTube videos. It also allows you to create a clip from a video.
Use this website to create your QR codes for the QR reader to scan. You can link to websites, text, or pictures.
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics offers a free website of lessons and interactive activities for students in grades PreK-12. Explore this site to find lessons, mobile games, brain teasers, and more.
Explore all things science at this website! Lessons, tools, collections, afterschool ideas, and news for grades K-12. Seach by area of science, grade level, type of activity, videos, and materials for students or teachers.
ILA and NCTE website of all things literacy for students in grades K-12. Lesson plans and student interactives excellent for all writing and reading topics. Many activities can be done online, others download an app. Spend some time here and be amazed!
Online History resources including lessons, artifacts, and primary sources for students in grades K-12. Select by topic, grade, or era. Also provides cross-curricular connections for teaching.
Online geography lessons and resources including mapping, geostories, encyclopedia, current events, map library, and more.
Free online tutorials for grades K-12 in a variety of subjects including Math, Science, Computing, History, Art, Grammar, Economics, and more. Ready made videos students can watch and rewatch to learn.
Ideas for teaching the arts. Lesson plans, how-tos, standards for teachers, student activities, plus collections of art and media.
Free K-12 news source for schools. Lexile leveled articles can be read at a variety of reading levels with the touch of a button so all students can read the same information at a level they can understand. Daily AP news articles, critical thinking questions, Spanish articles, Tech articles.
BibleGateway allows biblical searching by passage, keyword, or topic in 53 English versions and over 60 other languages and audio versions. Select a Bible version based upon readability level.
Assess Reading Level in Word enabling readability statistics, running grammar check, see Flesch-Kincaid readability level by grade. PDF
Set a yearly goal for teaching code to K-12 students. Curriculum with lesson plans and course overview to teaching coding by grade level. Includes Teaching with Kodable and resources. Consider setting a goal and collaborating along with other schools.
Read others and write your own versions of a variety of genres and receive feedback globally: anime, books, tv, cartoons, comics, games, plays, movies, and more. Explore what students are writing when they are empowered to share their work.
Practice skills in Math, LA, Science and Social Studies here for grades Pre-K through 12. Option to have questions read to support learning. Try it out!
WriteAbout is a classroom writing community and publishing platform built by teachers. Explore the many prompts with text, image, and audio options. You can set up a classroom for grades K-12 and list the prompt idea or allow students to search for an idea. You can monitor student responses or allow students to post. Great writing site for all types of writing!
Choosito is a NSF funded search engine and digital library that provides high-quality, personalized resources. Filters the large number of options by reading level and subject. Also helps students refine their search terms with a related search button, and cites the website.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.