Ponca City, Oklahoma
1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Intro to the basics:
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
All the tools available to you via Google, if you can think it or need it, Google has it (That may be an exaggeration).
Docs, email, calendar, drive, etc.
A web browser built around you and your needs. Your settings are waiting for you on any computer.
Chrome Extensions– Tools you can add to your browser to personalize it even more and create easy access.
This is a collaborative notes page for today.
Google docs is an online, internet based word processor. With all the many privacy settings, you can make documents as collaborative or private as you wish.
No more need for thumb drives, no more recovering documents, Google Docs has all you need in one place from anywhere at any time.
Doc Add-ons- Tools to help you write and manage documents.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Broadcast any URL to computers within earshot.
An amazing resource for teachers. This website is constantly updated with great articles, apps, websites, and other technology resources that teachers can use in the classroom.
Make a new seating arrangement, call on a student, assign jobs truly randomly.
A curriculum or simply a resource for teachers to use with students to encourage proper and accurate technology use.
Ready to use lessons with videos, review questions, discussion, and digging deeper resources.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.