Who Am I? Your Identity in Christ:
Wide, Restored, Child of God, Chosen, New Creation, Holy and Blameless, Masterpiece, Loved, Made Complete
1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Intro to the basics:
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Seesaw is an amazing digital portfolio that allows students on all devices demonstrate their learning through pictures, videos and drawings. Seesaw works on all devices and even connects with Google Drive. For grades K-12
Interactive quizzes, surveys, and more that allows learning to be a game and allows you to assess your students’ knowledge. So fun!!
Inventioneers: Excellent physics puzzler that emphasizes engineering practices. Fun and challenging for all ages!
Ideas of how to start using Seesaw in the classroom K-12.
Current events articles where you can control the reading level and assign to your students by creating an account and a class.
A fun website where you draw pictures that the computer has to guess.
Tutorial videos about any subject you can imagine. You can also take quizzes and test your knowledge.
Need a brain/movement break for your students? Sign into this website for fun, short activities to get your class moving.
Provide educators and students access to the highest quality practices and resources in reading and language arts instruction.
Mathematical lessons, games, brainteasers and interactive activities to help students engage. Developed by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
Provides students and teachers with primary and secondary history resources and lessons that include artifacts, documents, media and books. Easy to to use and search.
Explore all things science at this website! Lessons, tools, collections, afterschool ideas, and news for grades K-12. Seach by area of science, grade level, type of activity, videos, and materials for students or teachers.
Developed by Stanford University to inspire students to have an open and creative mathematics mindset. There are free lessons, videos, challenged, and training. Their videos are an awesome way to introduce the growth mindset to your students.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.