1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Intro to the basics:
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Adblock for YoutubeWorried about what kind of ad might pop up before showing your class a video? Adblock for Youtube is an extension that runs in the background of your computer to eliminate the ads before the videos.
Tab Scissors will cut your tabs apart to split your screen.
Tab Glue will paste them back together.
Grammarly will check your grammar and spelling on any document, social media post, and messages so you can communicate clearly.
Automatically cite sources within Google Docs with EasyBib for Chrome.
One that I will absolutely NOT be showing my junior high students, but it is silly that the world has come to this.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Self-image & Identity
iOS, Android, Amazon
An online grammar checking tool. Every post, email, and document can be error free with this extension.
A digital library with thousands of FREE children’s books when you register as a teacher. Epic! makes it easy to search book types: picture, chapter, fact, comic, early, and read to me. (PreK – 6th)
OER Commons is a website devoted to the frugal teacher. With tons of open education resources (free) available by content area, topic, age level, or standard, this online tool grants access to lesson plans, activity ideas, and resources at no cost to you! (All grades)
Online interactives for students, offering concept maps, trading cards, timelines, and so much more. With easy directions and simple interfaces, ReadWriteThink is useful across grade levels and content areas! Available online or get the apps! (Kindergarten and up)
People to follow on twitter.
Simply click Edit, type in your students’ names, save, then share using the URL created. To create another spinner for small groups simply click New, then follow the same steps.
Ready to use lessons with videos, review questions, discussion, and digging deeper resources.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
school # 920-452-6882