Old and New
1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Intro to the basics:
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
zamzar.com (online conversion tool)
khanacademy.org (free online tutorials for multiple grades and subjects)
Artsedge (online lessons and resources in the arts for all levels)
Illuminations (online math lessons, interactives and mobile apps for all levels)
ReadWriteThink (online reading lessons, interactives and mobile apps for all levels)
Sciencenetlinks (online science lessons, tools and mobile apps for all grade levels)
National Geographic Education (map skills, activities and geography lessons for all grade levels)
History Explorer (history lessons, activities, artifacts and primary sources for all grade levels)
Goodreads (review and learn about books)
Seussville Dr. Seuss’ website)
IXL (lots of math games)
Starfall (learn reading and phonics)
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.