1. Upcoming events:
2. Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What were some successes? Tell us about any challenges you faced?
4. Hour of Code – First week of December
1. Discover the educational value of engaging students in coding activities in today’s classroom.
2. Explore a variety of digital assessment tools and learning activities that could be used to assess student progress and achievement.
3. Identify web- and/or mobile-based coding applications to engage your students with during the upcoming international Hour of Code (December 3-7).
4. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
The Hour of Code takes place each year during Computer Science Education Week. The 2018 Computer Science Education Week will be December 3-9, but you can host an Hour of Code all year round.
Looking for simple set-up, up-to-date progress, and easy access? Look no further…
How about an intro to HTML code? Try these sites with basic HTML tasks and free trials.
Formative assessment allows teachers to take a traditional idea of assessment and make it digital to add interest. Added benefit – less paperwork and real-time feedback for teachers!
The appeal of game-style assessment is obvious for our kiddos! Why not put it to good use? Friendly competition among classmates has the added benefit of pushing our students even further to reach goals and learn the material. Care for a challenge?
Looking to develop long-term assessment or an option to compile more than just a snapshot in a learning timeline? Try the online portfolio! Check out the resources below…
Thinking outside the traditional formative box… These resources allow for students to demonstrate understanding without the repetitive format!
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
iOS and online
iOS and Android – paid, online – free
iOS, Android, online
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Develop and incorporate a digital assessment activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
2. During the week of December 3–7, have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (An awesome activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post to TEC21’s online Google+ community. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
4. Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
5. Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2019/2020 school year opens on January 2, 2019. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other Lutheran school teachers and the impact it’s had on you and your students. Thank you in advance for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LuthEd #LutheranSchoolsThrive