Candy Code – Ice Breaker
1. Upcoming events:
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018. Degree completion options:
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
How to set it up in your classroom?
Gadgets and Tools
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
Tynker – Learning to Code
Kodable Free app for kids to learn computer programming. Kodable starts from the very simple concepts and is great for kids as young as preschool to gain the fundamental concepts of coding.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2018/2019 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!
I am a text block. Provide your teachers with your email address, link to your G+ profile, Twitter username, etc.