Try “Peace Guest” if that first one gives you trouble.
To the Agenda: go to tec21connect.com and select “Workshops” and then “Agendas”
To Other TEC21 Teachers: check out Google+ and see what has been posted!
To Each Other: Check out the snack table and say hello to your teammates. How has everyone been doing since last month?
Ice Breaker: “Would you rather……?”
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
1. Upcoming events:
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018.
Degree completion options:
Non-degree completion option:
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
Socrative – create quizzes, exit tickets, or quick questions that students answer on their device. A game function called “Space Race” allows for students to compete individually or in teams on quiz questions.
Quizizz – create quizzes that can be played either live or assigned as homework. This one is better for a calmer experience or for posting on your classroom website. Students join the game on a handheld device using just a PIN (no login required) on the website: join.quizizz.com
Performance Tasks – A performance task is any learning activity or assessment that asks students to perform to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and proficiency. Performance tasks yield a tangible product and/or performance that serve as evidence of learning. Performance tasks put students into roles that allow them to complete a real-life task. Examples in:
Three Tips for Great Formative Assessment – video
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
Teaching Digital Citizenship Using Pokemon GO! – article by Catherine at edutechchick.com.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2017/2018 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!
Contact me any time with ideas or questions! My phone numbers are: 989-790-1676 ext. 12 (school) or 989-790-2871 (home). Email address is: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.