Ponca City, Oklahoma
Internet Password- FLS_ADMIN=11101483MLbd1521
tec21connect.com -> workshops -> 2016-17 Agendas -> November
What have you been up to this past month? Plans for the Holidays?
I am thankful for dirty dishes in my sink, because this means I have food to eat, something on which to eat it, and running water/dishwasher to clean them.
This is a weird thing for which to be thankful. But, it does help put things into perspective, make us appreciate things, and put a positive spin on an unpleasant situation.
What are some weird things that you are thankful for?
Put them on this “thankful turkey“.
Here is a “clean” copy of thankful turkey to use in your classrooms. Make a copy of it so you can edit it.
1. Upcoming events:
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018.
Degree completion options:
Non-degree completion option:
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
Osmo- Osmo is an award-winning game system that will change the way your child interacts with the iPad by opening it up to hands-on play.
Dash and Dot- Dash is a real robot, charged and ready to play out of the box. Responding to voice, navigating objects, dancing, and singing, Dash is the robot you always dreamed of having. Use Wonder, Blockly, and other apps to create new behaviors for Dash — doing more with robotics than ever possible. No books or camps needed!
Sphero- Sphero is the world’s first app-enabled robotic ball and a sophisticated companion for your smartphone or tablet. Learn, play, and explore with this awesome robot.
Cubelets- Inspire a love of learning through play. Cubelets® Robot Blocks make it fast and easy to engage children as young as four in learning by building robots. There’s no wrong way to build with Cubelets, so it is remarkably easy to transform these blocks into brilliant bundles of robotic curiosity.
Makey Makey- Makey Makey is an invention kit for the 21st century. Turn everyday objects into touchpads and combine them with the internet. It’s a simple Invention Kit for beginners and experts doing art, engineering, and everything in between.
Test students’ knowledge of content with these digital forms of assessments.
1. Digital story telling tools
3. Google Forms/ Flubaroo
Make assessment and reviewing fun and interactive with these digital tools.
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
Evernote by Skitch- Get your point across with fewer words using annotation, shapes and sketches, so that your ideas become reality faster.
Tynker- Everything your child needs to become a Minecraft modder, digital storyteller, or game designer.
A place to build community between teacher, student, and parent. Class dojo is a classroom management tool, communication tool, portfolio, and so much more. It allows teachers to track progress, students to have a voice, and parents to stay in the loop.
The purpose of this site is to share information about free resources that teachers can use in their classrooms.
Mark is another TEC21 facilitator that is a cornucopia of resources and links. This is his website with a plethora of sites that are grouped according to what you need. You want it, Mark has it.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Apply what you learned today by engaging your students with coding in the classroom. Additionally, implement an assessment tool to gauge your students’ understanding of a concept or lesson. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
4. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Express the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students.