1. Upcoming events:
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018.
Degree completion options:
Non-degree completion option:
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
The Hour of Code takes place each year during Computer Science Education Week. The 2017 Computer Science Education Week will be December 4-10, but you can host an Hour of Code all year round.
Looking for simple set-up, up-to-date progress, and easy access? Look no further…
How about an intro to HTML code? Try these sites with basic HTML tasks and free trials.
Formative assessment allows teachers to take a traditional idea of assessment and make it digital to add interest. Added benefit – less paperwork and real-time feedback for teachers!
The appeal of game-style assessment is obvious for our kiddos! Why not put it to good use? Friendly competition among classmates has the added benefit of pushing our students even further to reach goals and learn the material. Care for a challenge?
Looking to develop long-term assessment or an option to compile more than just a snapshot in a learning timeline? Try the online portfolio! Check out the resources below…
Thinking outside the traditional formative box… These resources allow for students to demonstrate understanding without the repetitive format!
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
iOS, Android, online
iOS and online
iOS and Android – $2.99, online – free
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2017/2018 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!