The Nicene Creed read by Trinity Lutheran School Alumni, Klein, Texas, Music by student Sarah Miller, 2012 Celebrating the school’s 100th anniversary
Alumni and Gospel award winning songwriter and performer Lyle Lovett is the middle voice of the 3 generations reading.
1. Upcoming events:
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018.
Degree completion options:
Non-degree completion option:
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
How to Run an Hour of Code
Resources to Help You Run an Hour of Code Event http://www.edutopia.org/blog/calling-learners-teachers-hour-of-code-ashley-cronin
The Hour of Code takes place each year during Computer Science Education Week. The 2017 Computer Science Education Week will be December 4-10, but you can host an Hour of Code all year round. Computer Science Education Week is held annually in recognition of the birthday of computing pioneer Admiral Grace Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906).
Kahoot of course
Performance Tasks – A performance task is any learning activity or assessment that asks students to perform to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and proficiency. Performance tasks yield a tangible product and/or performance that serve as evidence of learning. Performance tasks put students into roles that allow them to complete a real-life task. Examples in:
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
Mark is another TEC21 facilitator that is a cornucopia of resources and links. This is his website with a plethora of sites that are grouped according to what you need. You want it, Mark has it.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2017/2018 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!
Wendy Kretschmar School : 920-452-6882 email@example.com