1. Upcoming events:
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018.
Degree completion options:
Non-degree completion option:
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
Utilizing technology to assess the retention of student knowledge. Edutopia
Students readily respond to the application of games within the learning environment. Edutopia
Students have the opportunity to personalize their own education by creating their own portfolios. Gettingsmart
Paper and pencil/pen is one of the most basic form of assessment. Implementing technology into the world of assessment, combined with authentic assessment, can provide the students and teachers with quality, real-time feedback. TeachHub
A coding app that uses pre-made lessons and guided tutorials to help students to code. There is a classroom function that is easy to use.
A very basic block coding app that simplifies coding for younger students.
Collect and organize information big & small with Google Forms. For free.
A quizzing app that allows the instructor to create quizzes and provide real-time feedback.
Create stories, games, and animations
Share with others around the world
The Hour of Code is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries. Anyone, anywhere can organize an Hour of Code event.
A great website to find age appropriate coding resources.
Snap! (formerly BYOB) is a visual, drag-and-drop programming language.
Enjoy a fast paced and exciting way to quiz your students.
Socrative is your classroom app for fun, effective classroom engagement. No matter where or how you teach, Socrative allows you to instantly connect with students as learning happens.
Send quizzes to student devices. No sign-in or app installs needed. Get an instant score and itemization report on your device
Create Rubrics for your Project-Based Learning Activities.
ExamTime is an online learning platform that gives you the tools you need to prepare, study and succeed.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2017/2018 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!