The Passion of the Christ
Write a Diamante Poem about Jesus starting and ending with either synonyms or antonyms.
1. Upcoming events:
2. Happy Digital Learning Day! How does using technology in the classroom impact the way you think and your students learn? Computer Science for All: Can Schools Pull It Off? Skim this article to see the increase in number of K-12 schools offering computer science, and rationale for computers so students understand the world around them.
3. Continue to move on this technology use continuum:
I’ve heard of it – I’ve seen it – I’ve used it – I’ve created with it – I’ve used it with my students – I’ve had my students create with it
4. Taking TEC21 for graduate credit confirmations: Jackie Zehendner, Natalie Evans, Jerrita Staehr, Brian Staehr, Rachel Cradick
5. New version of Write Reader is out now for free. Pricing will come later in 2018. Includes options to record student video and audio. Check it out!
6. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges? Chris, please update us on the Robotics Tech Challenge for mobile robots your students participated in on Feb. 10!
1. Discover the value of video creation.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
Our goal is to determine where the other TEC21 teachers are located by asking yes and no questions. As long as one team keeps getting yes answers they continue asking questions. As soon as they get a no it’s the other team’s turn to ask a question. Let’s determine roles and questions here. Tools: Political Map of the countries of the World, Political Map of the United States, Geographical Map of the United States.
Once two schools have connected they can continue to do collaborative activities in any content area (Bible Characters, Numbers, Book discussions, Research, Math Problems, etc.). Collaborative sites to consider: TEC21 Mystery Skype connections (sign up in January agenda), Connected Classrooms, Google Hangouts, Google Meet.
Easy-to-Use Green Screen by Do Ink App Enables Creation of Green Screen Effects on iPhone and iPad Some great student projects. Film them in front of a green screen, then insert any picture that they can tell what they learned about it: historical location, weather map, diagram of human body, etc. Green Screen Tutorial for Do Ink. Sample Do Ink video on President's Day Make a simple green screen background by covering a door with green construction paper, felt, cloth, or plastic table cloth, or paint one wall green! Or try TouchCast Studio on iPad to create a newscast or other video with video apps you can bring in: websites, pictures, calendar, Twitter, maps, etc. Sample for President's Day
Adobe Spark Video allows you to combine videos, pictures, text, and provided icons with music and audio to create a video. Here is a tutorial video to explain how. Only one component per slide. Automatically includes a list of references for images selected. Students can create these quite quickly and add their voice to tell about what they learned.
Interactive, engaging Pear Deck presentations stimulate discussion with formative assessment in real time. Google Slides Add-On. Create slides where students input short answers or numbers, explore websites, or answer multiple choice questions. Displays student responses anonymously. When you close the session it saves student responses in a spreadsheet. Works like Nearpod. Let’s try it out! joinpd.com Now try making your own Pear Deck using this tutorial.
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
MSQRD (Masquerade) is automatic selfie video recording app where your students can put on a mask and tell a story as a character. When they are finished it will save to photos where you can export it to Seesaw, Google Drive, any place you can share photos! And it’s so fun! Try it out.
Download ClipChamp to allow recording from webcam including on Chromebooks. Limited number free.
Have Chromebooks? Check this list of best video tools for use on Chromebooks.We Video is the top recommended video app for Chromebook, paid premium version gives you Green Screen capabilities and templates. Check it out!
Know Lounge allows you to host live tutoring sessions where students join with a code you give them. You can also record videos as screencasts here for flipping the classroom or saving for students who were absent.
YouTube 360 channel to pan around Mars or other topics! How could your students make a 360 degree movie of your school? Perhaps put it on your website.
Using Video to learn history. Explore the battlegrounds of history at this digital location. Watch the map come alive following a timeline of events in this 360 video. With links to other battle interactive maps.ds.
Chatterpix Kids can make anything talk — pets, friends, doodles, and more. Simply take any photo, draw a line to make a mouth, and record your voice. Then share your Pix with friends and family as silly greetings, playful messages, creative cards, fancy book reports, or retellings of learning about anything. And best of all, it’s FREE!
Select images from these free-to-use pictures for your videos. I still right click on the image and put the URL below the picture or at the end of the project to teach students about copyright.
Simply sketch a character, then select the character and move it across the screen. It automatically records as an animation movie.
games, mind, strategic activities, competition mode organized by grade level
Try in your math center to teach fractions, money, geometric shapes, math vocabulary and much more! This site offers each of these free apps as web apps, Apple apps, and Chrome apps! Click on the site and start trying these tools out! Note that you need to provide problems and feedback to students to facilitate their learning.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Apply what you learned today by creating a student-created video activity or a teacher-created screencast to teach a lesson to your students. Share your experience by adding it to the Padlet above!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.