Get connected to Peace Lutheran wi-fi Sign onto Peace with user name Tech21 and password Welcome
If you don’t get a captive portal site, go to a website that is unsecured (example: Huffington Post) and it will force the captive portal.
Our Agenda – www.tec21connect.com
While you are waiting for us to begin, why don’t you check out the Google+ Community for TEC21 Educators and see what’s new!
Ice Breaker – Which “Peanuts” character is most like you and why?
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions–it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:4-10)
1. Upcoming events:
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
3. The following people have been registered for credit at CUNE:
1. Discover the value of video creation.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
Screencastify – An extension to Google Chrome that allows you to easily create a screencast with audio or video. The screencasts can be saved or shared
Aurasma – Turn everyday objects, images, and places into new opportunities for engagement through striking augmented reality experiences. Use the app (iOs or Adroid) to connect a video, picture, web page, etc. to any everyday object. I have seen some teachers have some great ideas for using this app.
OSnap – an iOS app for creating stop-motion video or time-lapse photography. Download from the app store.
The Michigan Educational Technology Standards for Students (METS-S) are aligned with the International Society for Technology in Education’s (ISTE) National Educational Technology Standards for Students (NETS-S) and the Framework for 21st Century Learning. The Michigan standards are intended to provide educators with a specific set of learning expectations that can be used to drive educational technology literacy assessments.
These standards are best delivered by authentic instruction and assessment with direct curricular ties and it is intended that these Standards will be integrated into all content areas. The preparation of our students to the successful in the 21st Century is the responsibility of all educators.
The METS 2009 Teacher Checklist is a helpful tool to use in discussion with your faculties about technology curriculum and integration.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Apply what you learned today by creating a student-created video activity or a teacher-created screencast to teach a lesson to your students. Share your experience by adding it to the Padlet above!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Feel free to contact me anytime! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 989-790-1676 ext. 12. Or you can certainly contact me by cell 989-324-0666.