1. Upcoming events:
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Discover the value of video creation.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
Student video creation provides the students with an opportunity to improve upon or hone skills necessary for their possible futures. As videos become more important to the generations to come (see how many students in you classroom have their own YouTube channels), the proper way in which they should post videos should be discussed. Here is a helpful website that goes through many different areas of student video creation. TeachHub
A paper slides video is a fun and exciting way to foster creativity within your classroom. This also allows students who may not be comfortable speaking in front of a class or into a video camera a chance to create a fabulous presentation. Guidelines, rubrics, and how-to’s can be found at speedofcreativity.org.
Creating green screen videos is becoming more and more prevalent in education today. Students are able to create videos of themselves in various different settings through video editing. This fosters greater creativity within students and also gives them a unique platform to express themselves. Makerspaces
Digital storytelling is one of the hottest topics in education today. As we have covered this previously, lets focus solely on the video portion of digital storytelling. Using videos to tell a story, whether it be a classic tale like Little Red Riding Hood or one of the student’s design, put the information on a level that is even with the classroom. This creation serves an accurate representation of what the students focus on in their learning. Digital Storytelling with video guidelines.
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
Pick a video, add your magical touch and track your students’ understanding
All-in-one video converter, video compressor, webcam video recorder, video editor and video uploader solution. Save videos to your computer or Google Drive.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Apply what you learned today by creating a student-created video activity or a teacher-created screencast to teach a lesson to your students. Share your experience by adding it to the Padlet above!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.