1. Upcoming events:
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Discover the value of video creation.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
The Power of Student Created Video
Assessment- Students share what they know.
Sharing- Students get to be teachers by sharing videos inside and outside the classroom.
What are some practical ways to integrate video projects into your curriculum? Click to take a look!
1) iMovie Trailers (Mac & iPad) – Imagine using this for a book report?
2) ScreenCast Lesson – Ready to FLIP your classroom? Record your screen as you teach something.
Screencast-O-Matic A web-based tool
Screencastify Works on Chromebooks
Quicktime Do you have a Mac? You have quicktime.
3) Music Based Teaching – (For you extroverts) Think that nobody writes good songs about Graphing Exponential Functions anymore? Think again.
How to Set it Up (video)
Work with a partner to create a short video. Concentrate on making a one shot video with very little or no editing. Choose one of the options below:
https://clipchamp.com/ (allows recording from webcam including on chromebooks)
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
AnswerGarden (Create word clouds on the fly for brainstorming)
Dotstorming (Create online notes and vote on them)
Bighugelabs (Use pictures for classroom projects)
Powtoon (Create animated videos)
Ed.Ted (Lessons that make students think)
Vocaroo (make and share simple recordings)
Applied Digital Skills (Free technology curriculum with google tools)
Rubistar (Create and find rubrics for a variety of subjects and grade levels)
Classroom Layout Tool (Create and print room layoouts and seating charts)
Google Arts and Culture (Explore stories from around the world..also an app)
ClassHook (Teach your students using their favorite Tv shows and movies)
WillRobotsTakeMyJob (Will robots replace your job?)
Word Search Labs (Create and print word searches)
Sodadb (Free online database)
Printfriendly (make any web page print friendly and a pdf)
TheLivBits (Video, blogs and social media from an amazing 10 year old girl)
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Apply what you learned today by creating a student-created video activity or a teacher-created screencast to teach a lesson to your students. Share your experience by adding it to the Padlet above!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.