Ponca City, Oklahoma
WIFI Password – lutheranwhite
Find April’s Agenda at tec21connect.com
What has everyone been up to since we last met?!
What did you do for Spring Break?!
1. Upcoming events:
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
3. “Celebration Day” is coming up! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
1. Discover the value of Gamification.
2. Explore educational games to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
1. redefine failure- failing is just another chance to learn
2. increase motivation- just dangling that carrot.
3. better retention
These are a few articles with suggestions.
You can use online educational games, computer games, or video games to reinforce content.
Make learning a game, add a little competition, and maybe even have a prize.
“Experience Points” – more is better, it helps to get away from the “grading” stigma of 100 points.
“Badges”- students earn badges (think girl scouts) as skills are mastered.
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when ______? (Adjust your questions/discussion based on the topic you chose for today.)
A student driven portfolio, empower students and engage families with Seesaw!
Get students on the same page, literally. And let students help students.
Gamify behavior and classroom management.
The only screen every classroom needs. Monitor noise level, choose a random name, keep track of time, and MORE!
Transform your digital content into an interactive learning adventure.
Hundreds of math games
If you ever need help, advice, motivation, inspiration, etc.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
2. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
3. Brainstorm your best way to share your Celebration Day project with the TEC21 community and/or your school community.