Jeremiah 29: 11-14
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
1. Upcoming events:
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
3. “Celebration Day” is coming up! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
1. Discover the value of utilizing the cloud to create shareable documents.
2. Explore a resource to collect student work and/or engage collaboration to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
The migration of digital media to the cloud is a stressful and daunting task. How does one achieve this monumental feet? Here are some quick and easy steps:
What are your worries as a teacher? One of mine is assignment collection and management. Student A always turns his/her work in late and constantly loses it. How do we make a change? Digital assignments! Listed below are the benefits of digital assignments.
Google classroom provides students with access to materials and assignments galore! Wait… Not quite a Google School? How will we manage in this technologically advanced world?
Teacher web pages are becoming increasingly more and more popular today. These sites provide greater access to materials, class notes, and multitude of other things that the classroom teacher provides.
Tips for creating a classroom website:
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when ______? (Adjust your questions/discussion based on the topic you chose for today.)
Adobe Spark is the perfect free educational tool to bring creativity into the classroom. Students can easily create reports, presentations, posters, and more.
Thinking of creating a website? Google Sites is a free and easy way to create and share web pages.
Create a free website or blog in minutes by using a simple drag and drop interface. No ads. One of Time’s 50 best websites of the year.
SchoolRack is a free application for teachers to create classroom web sites. Using these class portals, teachers can interact with students and parents, post, collect, and grade assignments, communicate via mailing lists and private discussion boards, and send private messages to students.
Lists made easy. Create lists, collaborate, and get things done with Taskade. (Also a Chrome App)
NowComment makes it easy to have rich, engaging discussions of online documents no matter how large (or small) your class or collaboration group.
Reach every student. Give instant feedback when students need it most with Classkick. (Also a chrome and iPad app)
Create and share visual ideas. Thousands of Infographic Templates to Customize – Reports, Timelines, Resumes & More!
Peergrade is a free online platform to facilitate peer feedback sessions with students.
Digitize your paper content and turn paper into online activities.
Collaborative classroom quiz site.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
2. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
3. Brainstorm your best way to share your Celebration Day project with the TEC21 community and/or your school community.
I am a text block. Provide your teachers with your email address, link to your G+ profile, Twitter username, etc.